Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco access points C9115AXI are getting disconnected ramdomly

Hello Community, I do have a Cisco C9115AXI-A wireless network, one of them is getting the controller functionality and another 6 APs are providing devices connectivity service. all of them are getting disconnected randomly.

I'm using software release IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.04c

Does someone have the same issue?, does someone have a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

19 Replies 19

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, I have been doing some further investigation and it looks like we are hitting congestion. I believe that CAPWAP control packets are marked at CS6. I have enabled QOS on all of  the uplinks, checked the QOS with a "Show policy-map" and cannot see any packets coming to the switchport with CS6. I have converted an old 1832i and joined that to the WLC, I have the same QOS policy on the switchport that is connected to and can see packets in the Output_control_mgmt_queue marked as CS6.  

Yes looking at pcap CAPWAP control are CS6.
But you would still see some packets even if a few are getting dropped so I'd say either they're getting re-marked or you're not checking the markings correctly.
Where did you think you have congestion?  Do you see drops on those interfaces? 

stuart.pannell
Level 1
Level 1

Just for information, we have fixed our issue with AP's randomly dropping during the day. It turned out to be a physical electrical issue where the AP is shorting out on the ceiling grid, we have insulated the AP's from the ceiling grids and they are now stable and been up for weeks. 

It's metal on the back
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card