Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-AP1852I-B-K9 Joins WLC with one radio

Bashir
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Community

We have a number of AIR-AP1852I-B-K9 access points which - as I understand - should have a country code of "US" configured in the controller.  However, when US is configured, only the 5GHz radio will come up and the 2.4 will go down showing "Regularity Domain not supported".

If I switched the country code to GB for example the 2.4 GHz will come up and the 5GHz will go down.

I realized that in the WLC under Wireless -> AP -> advanced: the access point has two regularity domain -B and -E (see screenshot)

1852iAP_RD1.png

Controller is: WLC 2504, Software Version: 8.5.182.0

So, am I configuring the wrong country codes here? What country code should we configure to have both radios up?

Please advice.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich R
VIP
VIP

This sounds exactly the same as the manufacturing defect described in this field notice although 1852 is not listed as affected in the FN. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/704/fn70479.html
Use the serial number checker but most likely you'll have to open a TAC case to get the AP RMA'd. (you need to RMA not fiddle with country codes)
The bug ID referenced by the FN is hidden probably because it's a hardware bug: 

CSCvs10585 Access points manufactured with wrong domain

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Console into the AP and reboot the AP.

Post the entire boot-up process.

Bashir
Level 1
Level 1

Boot process for the AP is in the attached file

CSCvi47160

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Why not configure multiple countries? Read the below well written article by @Rasika Nayanajith  on his blog on the impact this will have and how to configure.

https://mrncciew.com/2013/04/07/configuring-country-codes-on-wlc/

Remember violating regulatory domain restrictions may invite trouble with respected authorities. 

Thank you for your reply

Both "US" and "GB" are configured in the WLC. Should we add more country codes?

Hello
i experienced  the same thing with our meraki networks and the issue was that the wlc/aps were registered in the uk with ripe addresing however due to changes within our own network our internet connection temporarily routed via our mpls usa break out so the aps were then being seen with a arin address hence the regulatory domain not being supported.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Rich R
VIP
VIP

This sounds exactly the same as the manufacturing defect described in this field notice although 1852 is not listed as affected in the FN. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/field-notices/704/fn70479.html
Use the serial number checker but most likely you'll have to open a TAC case to get the AP RMA'd. (you need to RMA not fiddle with country codes)
The bug ID referenced by the FN is hidden probably because it's a hardware bug: 

CSCvs10585 Access points manufactured with wrong domain
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card