Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AIR-CAP3702e AP as Standalone

gorle_vishal
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have AIR-CAP3702E-D-K9 AP. I wanted to use it as standalone AP as I do not have any WLC as of now. Is it possible? Later, once I have the controller I want to use it through controller.

Please guide.

Thanks

Vishal

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, gorle_vishal. 

You need to have a support contract or SmartNet on your Aironet AP, in order to download a standalone image software. Would you know if you have a support contract on that AP?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

adawa
Level 3
Level 3

Hello, gorle_vishal. 

You need to have a support contract or SmartNet on your Aironet AP, in order to download a standalone image software. Would you know if you have a support contract on that AP?

Let me know if you have additional concerns or e-mail (adawa@cisco.com) me directly. Kind regards. 

Hello adawa,

Yes we have SMARTNET support contract. Then its possible right?

Also let me know if I can convert it back to controller based from standalone.

Regards..

Thanks mohanak!!

Hi, gorle_vishal.

As per mohanak, that is correct. You can convert it vice versa. Since you are also considering to have a WLC, what features are you looking into so i can send you more information. Please email me at (bsiapco@cisco.com) to assist you further.

Thanks!

Hi bsiapco,

Thanks for commenting. As of now I just want to confirm whether conversion from controller base to standalone and vice-versa is possible.

I shall write you when I need more details on this.

Thanks!

1kmarinelli
Level 1
Level 1

This thread seems a bit old. I have tried to flash an autonomous IOS to a 3702e and the DOT11RADIO1 goes dead. 

I tried on two 3702E's. Each time I do a tftp hold down button to pull the image. Each time the 5gig radio becomes unoperational and wont even respond to conf t commands. 

I'm trying to upload JBB(1) to the unit. 

Does anyone know if an external antenna CAP 3702 be turned autonomous? 

I read in some threads that it can't be done and the 5gig shuts down (which is what happens to me) and the unit becomes just a site-survey unit. 

Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card