Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 1850 Mobility Express user ID access limit per device

arif.ropie
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, 

Currently I used Aironet 1850 as master wlc using Mobility Express, (firmware 8.10.121.0). We are running on global password right now but plan to change it into unique ID per user via authentication via Active Directory, the configuration is success thanks to the forum, but my question is on how to set 1 ID for only 1 or 2 devices? because i already search in mobility express web based and found nothing about this. Below i attached together with screenshot about this, the plan is to set 1 ID can only be access with 1 device only. Hope our expert can help me to solve this issue, really appreciate that.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-19 at 9.17.53 AM.jpeg

regards

Ara

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

you can try this command:

(Cisco Controller) >config netuser maxUserLogin 1 or 2

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Documentation suggests maxUserLogin only applies to local users so I suspect won't work for AD users but worth a try anyway:
User Login Policies
The user login policies are provided to limit the number of concurrent logins of the local netusers of the controller. You
can limit the number of concurrent logins, and it is recommended to configure a value greater than default of 0 (unlimited
login).
To verify the limit of the netusers:
(Cisco Controller) >show netuser summary
Maximum logins allowed for a given user name..... Unlimited
To configure user login policies:
(Cisco Controller) >config netuser maxuserlogin 5

Thanks @Sandeep Choudhary and @Rich R for your reply, but may I know is the command will implement to all SSID? because if it implement to all SSID i will have big trouble because our Guest SSID used few ID which given by receptionist to our guest, it use 1 ID with multiple login. I plan to implement this only for Staff WLAN which this SSID authenticate with AD, only guest used single ID for multiple.
maxuserlogin.PNG

I have create new SSID for testing purpose, plan to use this test WLAN to try and error before implement with the official WLAN, but the command given by both of you seems like will implement to all SSID. Correct me if im wrong. Thanks

Please advise and thank you, really appreciate that.

ara

Yes,  it is global for all users and all SSIDs

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card