cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Insider User Research program

Labels

Forum Posts

I have an instance at a Fire Station on Spectrum Cable with 2 buildings, 1 OEAP602 in each building.  Both 602's link and function as expected to a common WLC on 8.3.150.0 code.  In the process of retiring all 602's with 1815t's supported on a differ...

I'm familiar with using PI/CMX with 3702 APs and Halos for Hyperlocation, but there seems to be no documentation on using 2800 APs and Fastlocate. I'm not sure what positioning info is needed: I expect I will need x/y/z axis positioning within the bu...

Jim Blake by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Roaming between different networks and groups of APs. Good Morning. What is the best configuration practice on the controller (Cisco 5520) to roaming between different networks (L3) transparently on a network with authentication on a Firewall.

fmcsilva1 by Level 1
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hello, Can anyone explain to me if you need dhcp option 43 when you have your access point in the same vlan as your controllers management interface?

Nub65 by Level 1
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,we´ve some vWLC´s and of course alls AP´s run in flexconnect mode.Normaly we use local switching, but now I´ve to change one SSID to central switching because the customer want to youse bonyour services. So I´ve disabled for one SSID the Local Swi...

wabbot22 by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I’m working on a migration from 5508 to a 9800 WLC, and I notice that the local mac filter command “username xxxx:xxxx:xxxx mac ” does not have an option to add a description. Does anyone knows if there is a way to add a description to a user MAC add...

dthomaz77 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Is there a guide or any documentation regarding hosting a 5508 or any physical WLC in a colo? The Management IP and VLAN ID will change.  All of the APs connection to it will be in Flex Connect mode.  Do I need to worry about changing the IPs on the ...

Good morning, We use Cisco Prime v3.1.0 and I got a report about a classroom having issues staying connected to the wireless. When I checked the heatmap I noticed this odd pattern where the signal seems fine on the bottom half of the ap but then has ...

A_Marquez by Level 1
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

Hi,   I have installed a Virtual Wireless Controller (version 8.3) on ESXi and I am working with the setup. I have a question abount ports and VLANS. Now the controller has only one port, the management-interface is connected to this port. But now I ...

cisco by Level 1
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

On a 5508 running the latest code, If I select DHCP mandatory on the Advanced page for a given WLAN, does that stop a client from using a static IP address, or are those two compatible such that they can coexist? I mean, if a client is set up with a ...

lcaruso by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes

I have a situation where we are looking to implement Cisco Wireless Solution for the Airport.  When I say Airport, I am referring to runways rather than the other part of the Airport.  This is more about the running vehicles on the runways to be able...

abbasali5 by Level 1
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Helpful votes
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card