cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Aironet 3802i and Cisco Mobility Express

dcgtechnologies
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have posted here before and finally getting into the nuts and bolts of the Aironet 3802. I am having issues with the configuration on the WLAN. Under the VLAN & Firewall settings I have the Native VLAN ID set to 1 and the VLAN ID under the DHCP Scope set to 1 as well the issue I am seeing is that the native VLAN on the two other WLAN's that I have setup keep changing back to the default VLAN ID of 1 and does not stay for example if I set it to Native VLAN ID 2 on the second WLAN with a separate SSID. I have a total of three WLAN's and all the Native ID's on each WLAN change back to the default VLAN 1. How do I correct this to make sure that the Native VLAN ID stays to what it is assigned too and not go back to the default VLAN ID 1? Is it on the switch end of the AP end? How do I fix it if it is the switch as I am using trunk encapsulation dot1q? Thank you in advance.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Native vlan is not tagged. Vlan 1 on switches are untagged and you should try to set the vlan to 0 on the AP. Give that a try.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I forgot to mention. The AP management should be native vlan. The user vlans should be tagged (defined).
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

The way I am understanding this is you are saying set the native VLAN for each WLAN to 0. Is this correct? I am using the network (defined) setting as well. No matter what I put in the native VLAN it always defaulted to 1.

So this is really not working. I have three VLANS.

VLAN 1 - User Computers
VLAN 2 - Ipads and Iphones
VLAN 3 - Visitors

Whenever I set the Vlan Tagging the Native Vlan ID changes to a random number 1 - 3. It does not stay associated to the proper VLAN that I set it to originally. My firewall is handing out DHCP addresses for VLAN 2 and VLAN 3 and VLAN 1 has it's own DHCP Server. I am seeing all VLANS getting an IP Address via the DHCP server on VLAN 1. I want them to pull from there own DHCP server that is designated on that VLAN segment, but the VLAN tagging is not working correctly on this AP. I am confused how to set this up. You can not set any VLAN setting to zero. It has be to 1 - 4096. Just wanted to also mention my older AP works just fine the Aironet 1040. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Anyone? Anyone?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card