Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Anyconnect NAM Profile Troubleshooting - Configuration.xml

erwafu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We are trying to make our Corporate Wireless at HQ to work again. 

When I undock my laptop from docking station, it is not automatically connecting to Corporate Wireless. 

It works when I copied same configuration.xml file on the system folder under C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Network Access Manager\system and then Network Repair on Cisco AnyConnect.

After that, it is connecting to Corporate Wireless when you undock it but after some minutes it is not working again and to make it work again I need to copy again the configuration.xml on the system folder. 

May I know if you guys any idea to make it permanently work? Without copying the configuration.xml file again. See attached screenshot for reference.

7 Replies 7

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to copy the file configuration.xml to C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Network Access Manager\newConfigFiles then do “Network Repair”. 

Hi Grendizer,

I tried that it works but after some minutes, after I copied the configuration.xml file on newConfigFiles folder it appears gone/disappear. 

Do you know what could cause this?

that's correct, you will not see it there and it is perfectly fine and should happen, it's the right way to do it instead of place it to the system folder. if you update the file and wants to use it then do the same above.

Hi Grendizer,

I copied the configuration.xml file to newConfigFile Folder and I am able to connect to Corporate Wireless. But, after some minutes when I tried to connect to wired and then connect back again to Corporate Wireless, it does not allow to to connect back automatically again to Corporate Wireless and I need to copy again the same configuration.xml file to the newConfigFile Folder.

Do you know how to solve this? I'm wondering if cisco ISE is pushing it or something.

It seems it has been overwritten by something, sometimes, the Active Directory team push the file with GPO or ISE is configured to do something or something else.
First thing to do is to compare the two files, easy way to do it by using Profile Editor, if you don't have it then you can download it from https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286281283/type/282364313/release/4.9.06037 and download Profile Editor (Windows)

Hi Grendizer,

I compared the 2 Configuration XML Files using the Anyconnect Profile Editor that you mentioned. These 2 xml files have the same configuration. I am not sure where else I need to check to make it work properly. do you have any suggestion? 

Also, I already collected DART Logs file - one for connecting and one for notconnecting.  

I really don’t know because i know for fact it’s working for me and for my customers. Open a TAC Case and let the TAC troubleshoot the problem.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card