cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot logon to ap via ssh

Leftz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi SSH is enabled under wlc 9800. Username and password are created at the controller, but we still cannot logon to AP9117. It shows password authentication failed. Please see the below configuration. Not sure if there are other configuration that we need to change. Thank you very much

Capture.PNG

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the AP Profile used by the access point, and make sure SSH is enabled.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank you for your reply. In addition to enabling ssh mentioned above, I cannot find another page that I can enable ssh. 

I checked on the below path. Not sure this is what you mentioned. Thank you

Configuration ----->wireless ----->Access points ----> choose AP

It's in the Join Profile, the same window you included in the original post. It's just 1 tab over, on Device.

- No  , you need to go to the (initial) AP Join Profile , check tabs etc , it should be in there (allow ssh-access).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

rmfalconer
Level 1
Level 1

Have you enabled SSH on the Management - Device tab? 

Yes, I did it. it works for other wlc, but not this wlc.

Edit AP Join Profile ------Management-----Device and User

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Follow the below steps;

1. Go to AP Join profile, by the looks of the screen cap you shared you have only one AP join profile

Enable SSH here, then go to the user tab and create a username and password, you have to use a complex password.

asdas.JPG

Kindly note that all the AP's assigned this AP join profile will be accessible via SSH this way.

Also make sure under site tag assigned to this AP, correct AP join profile is selected.

adasdas.JPG

Please also make sure that you have the reachability to the AP and there are not firewalls or any other device blocking the connectivity. C9117 Ap's are quite troublesome to work with, but I have not heard any of my customers complain about accessing them over the SSH. If all these doesn't work you can try manually reset the AP if feasible or you have to open a TAC case.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card