Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1140 integrating with Hotspot Gateway

Sunish Nair
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 Cisco AP 1140 at my customer (Service Industry)  place, so they requenst us to provide Hotspot solution to them for managing the Internet connection for limiting to their Customers over the account system. Let me know how i can integrate hotspot BOX with Cisco AP.

Thanks and Regards,

STN

3 Replies 3

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your question is pretty open ended. If you are looking for a hot spot billing solution you can look at nomadix.

http://www.nomadixworks.com

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

our team quoted some other hotspot solution for this,  pleaese let me know is there any sample document from Cisco which is refering how need to impliment this solution.. 

Like do i need to point my default gateway as hotpspot gateway IP Address or is there any option at Cisco AP for redirecting the traffic to the HOTSPOT Gateway..

Thanks in Advance,

STN

I agree with George, without knowing what hotspot product you plan to implement and how it works, nobody here in this community will be able to help you with that.

Most likely you will need to setup an open SSID (no authentication, no encryption), put that SSID to the VLAN where the "guest interface" of your hotspot box is, and your hotspot will be DHCP server and default gateway for your guests.

If you are looking for a howto document, I guess searching at the hotspot vendor's webpage will be more successful. Those products typically don't rely on any wlan vendor specific capabilities (such as traffic redirection).

regards

Stefan

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card