Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1141 Repeater with HP Procurve problems

hansrodlo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a problem putting a Cisco 1141 AP in repeater mode with a AP HP Procurve.

Root AP is a the Procurve, but when try to put the Cisco AP with same SSID, Authentication, etc, I receive this error:

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: NO Aironet Extension IE

I try disable the Aironet Extensions and always get the same error all time.

Can you help me please? It's possible connect both APs?

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

When dealing with wireless its always better to start with nothing and then apply your settings and see where it breaks. For example no security and then apply security.

Specific to your comment. Actually, Cisco APs in repater mode REQUIRE IE to be enabled on bothythe root and the slave.

This is one of the main reasons why you can not use noncisco-to-cisco devices in repater mode. The non cisco devices dont support IE.

Also your both devices need to be on the same channel and within 50% coverage of each other

I hope this helps...

Trun on IE and see what happens and report back.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Thanks George,

I try enabling Aironet Extensions and It's the same result, the coverage it's OK, I will try disable all security but, the error message it's very clear:

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: NO Aironet Extension IE

It doesn't refer to security or settings, it is specifically with Aironet extensions wich it's a Cisco feature I guess...

Also look at this

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4638

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

Thanks for help and info,

I tried disable all settings and don't worked, I set World Mode to "US Indoor" and enable Aironet Extensions and receive other error:

%DOT11-4-CANT_ASSOC: Don´t response

I guess it's not possible connect both APs because difference between factory brands.

OMG ... I am so sorry. I thought you were trying to connect 2 cisco aps. I didnt realize you were trying to do HP to Cisco. Yes, you are correct. You need to be CISCO to CISCO in a repeater design.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not possible.  Repeaters and bridges have to be the same manufacturer because there are some protocols that other manufacturers won't accept.  So Cisco Aironet to Cisco Aironet will work.  Cisco Aironet to Cisco Linksys (and other manufacturers) will NOT work. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card