Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1260

Ahmed Al jawad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

please help .im new to the wireless world .  I have Cisco AP 1260 . it was connected to WLC . the WLC is down now and im trying to configure the Ap as stan alone AP . but when im trying to acccess the HTTP is giving me the error in the picuter attached . the image on the flash is

ap3g1-k9w8-mx.124-23c.JA2/ap3g1-k9w8-mx.124-23c.JA2"

the error is the AP is not H-REAP mode . any idea please .

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have a little bit of a road ahead buddy. You need to download the 1260 autonmous code first and flash the AP.  This turns it into an autonmous AP. Once done then you need to configure the AP for your network.

If you want this to go into HREAP mode, you need to connect to the WLC and configure for HREAP (FLEX). If its down, there isnt much you can do until you get the WLC up.

Whats wrong with the WLC?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

If you are going ahead with converting to Autonomous mode, below post may help you  to get it done

http://mrncciew.com/2012/10/20/lightweight-to-autonomous-conversion/

Then you need to configure it with a SSID & so on...

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Rasik . thank you I will work thorght it .

George Stefanick the WLC have an boot loader faild verification . its dead . im witing for replacment hopfully next week . and i will try to get the AS IOS flashed . thanks for your reply .

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card