cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2nd guest SSID

csco11304696
Level 1
Level 1

can I have two SSID on guest controller using the same interface? the first guest SSID is open, the second one needs to have WPA2. how do i go about this? I do have a firewall in between controller and guest controller.

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you could have two WLAN link to the same interface on the WLC.

When you create the WLAN, you link to the interface you want the client to get an IP address in.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Frank,

Great question. As Steve answered, yes you can do this and here is how.

On your WLC you would create 2 WLANs. The WLANs will be configured to your liking, so WLAN1 is open and WLAN 2 is locked. Another way of thinking of this, think WLAN = Wireless side. In the WLAN config you can MAP which wired side interface you would like this WLAN traffic to land on. You could map both to the same wired side interface. Keep in mind, on the wireless one will be open and the other lock, but the users will get the same IP range and live in the same subnet, because they are both mapped to do so.

Assuming this is an anchor providing guest access, you will have to anchor the WLANs from the foreign to the anchor and anchor the anchor wlans to itself and make sure the configs are identical on the wlan. Read the guest anchoring config example. I would also create a dummy interface on the foreign controllers and anchor the foreign WLANs to them.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/technology/guest_access/technical/reference/4.1/GAccess_41.html

On the FW you will need to follow the above like. But in short you will need to open atelast EOIP 97 and 16666 ports. Here is a blog post i outlined ports for office extends, but also applies to anchor.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/wireless-mobility/security-network-management/blog/2012/06/28/cisco-wlc-anchor-controller-dmz-ports-w-officeextends

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin