Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 2800 - Intel 8260NGW

polskifacet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys, 

I’m writing to you if you have advice for a weird problem I have here with a bunch of new Lenovo Yoga P40 (with wireless card Intel 8260NGW) working on wireless.

This is the problem:

• When the computers join an access point Cisco 1040 and radio 801.11bn, no problem: download fast (30/50 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • When the computers join an access point Cisco 2800, the radio move to 801.11ac: download slow (0.5 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • I forced the wireless card to radio 801.11bc: download slow (0.5 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • I tried dozen of advice from forum and website in internet, changing wireless card settings, removing app: download slow (0.5 Mbps), upload fast (50 Mbps)
  • I tried to change the wireless card with an Intel 7265NGW, nothing better
  • I updated the controller to IOS 8.4.100.0, nothing better
  • I reset Windows 10, nothing better
  • I installed Wndows 10 by scratch, all fixed

Have you ever seen something like that in your experience?

Thank you

Luciano

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I reset Windows 10, nothing better
I installed Wndows 10 by scratch, all fixed

Wait, is this machine running on Windows 10 Creator's Update?  If the answer is yes, then there is a known bug with Win10CU which severely impacts wireless performance.  

There are several known workarounds (thanks to Scott for sharing the link) which can be found HERE.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I have had lots of issue with wireless NIC drivers.  Intel went through a bad patch of bugs as well.

Try installing the latest wireless NIC driver for your Yoga's and see if that makes an impact.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I reset Windows 10, nothing better
I installed Wndows 10 by scratch, all fixed

Wait, is this machine running on Windows 10 Creator's Update?  If the answer is yes, then there is a known bug with Win10CU which severely impacts wireless performance.  

There are several known workarounds (thanks to Scott for sharing the link) which can be found HERE.

I hope this issue will be fixed in (another) a future Intel Wi-Fi driver update, but currently only the workaround found in the Microsoft forum helps.

Update has been released by Microsoft in the update kb4022716 released on 27.June.2017:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4022716/windows-10-update-kb4022716

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card