Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 2802I not booting and no console

geolivier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am stuck with an AP2802I that does not boot with its LED remaining off and nothing appearing on console.

I already tried several different console cable with USB to Serial adaptor and and with a desktop (so without adaptor).
I already tried to change the baud rate and also tried with or without flow control.

On PoE side I can see from te switch it is powered:
Interface Admin Oper Power Device Class Max
                                  (Watts)
--------- ------ ---------- ------- ------------------- ----- ----
Gi1/0/25 auto on 15.4 Ieee PD 4 30.0
But its LED remains off.

It is the first time I see this kind of behavior.
Anyone of you know what else should I try to fix this AP?
Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

yeah... if your console works with other devices, then it should work fine with the access points.  Seeing no lights when you try to power up the ap typically means a bad ap that needs to be replaced.  If you have support still on the access points, then submit a request for an RMA.  I actually has the same issue a few weeks back on a 3702 which we still had support on and got the replacement within 2 day's.  It's also not the first 3702 that we had die, they are getting old.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you don't see any lights and output from the console, then the ap is faulty.  You can try to hold the mode button for 20 seconds while booting up the ap and release the button after 20 seconds to see if you see anything (search factory reset).  If not, then the ap went bad.

As with any troubleshooting, clean out the ports on the ap and switch and replace the patch cable.  You can also patch the ap directly tot the switch or a different switchport to gather more data.

-Scott

Thanks Scott for your quick reply.

I actually already tried to factory reset but without any success.
As well as I already connected it directly to the switch and I can even say different switches as it was first at another site last week connected to a WS-C2960S-48FPS-L.
Thus sent to my site to have console access while connecting it to my C9200-48P so obviously with another network cable.

I checked that the pins were not broken but the only thing I did not try yet was to clean the AP port. 

Thanks for this advise that I will follow the next time I will be at the office.
G

yeah... if your console works with other devices, then it should work fine with the access points.  Seeing no lights when you try to power up the ap typically means a bad ap that needs to be replaced.  If you have support still on the access points, then submit a request for an RMA.  I actually has the same issue a few weeks back on a 3702 which we still had support on and got the replacement within 2 day's.  It's also not the first 3702 that we had die, they are getting old.

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

RMA the AP.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: