cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP blinking red

feniss
Level 1
Level 1

Wondering if anyone can help me. I'm troubleshooting a AIR-CAP3502I-AK9 Access Point. When I first opened it through console it said there's no bootable IOS image on the device. So what I did was connected it through Hyperterminal with these settings: BAUD 9600, Databit 8, Parity None, Stop bits 1, Flow control 0. Got inside the AP CLI, typed in set BAUD 115200, then when I type gibberish comes out. So I tried disconnecting and reconnecting it again(tried all BAUD rates) now it's always gibberish when I type and nothing comes up even after restarting. CLI doesn't even display "ap: ". On the device it's just rapid blinking red. Nothing happens when I hold down MODE button upon restarting.

I'm afraid if it's bricked. Please help..

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review this page for your ap-status , and act accordingly : https://www.manualslib.com/manual/404742/Cisco-Air-Cap3502i-A-K9.html?page=16

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Y'know what?  That other forum has provided a lot of good recommendations.  
Have you, at the very least, tried any one of them?

Rich R
VIP
VIP

Changing baud rate will not brick the AP - change your terminal to 115200 to match the AP and they should work.

If not (maybe your terminal or cable can't handle 115200 reliably) then do a factory default reset of the AP using the mode button to get back to 9600.  You do not need 115200. 9600 is fine for a terminal.  All you need to be able to do is type the commands to TFTP the image to the AP and 9600 is fine for that.

Then follow https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-mobility-knowledge-base/access-point-rommon-recovery-ap-prompt-recovery-example/tac-p/3119506 to install the new image from TFTP.  Don't fiddle with the baud rate!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card