Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP not registering with controller

MasterChief
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have configured a Cisco 2504 WLC in my home lab. I have a WLAN configured and connect the AP to the switch. The Cisco AP joins the controller, and I can see it, but it does not broadcast the SSID, and the AP blinks Blue, red, and Green.

Cisco AP: AIR-AP3802I-A-K9

Version of WLC: 8.5.182.0

I appreciate anyone help

28 Replies 28

@MasterChief wrote:
ApMode : FlexConnect

Was the AP factor-reset or not?

Yes it was !

I did reset the AP I just changed it to Flexconnect after to see if that would work.

Remote into the AP and post the complete output to the command "sh dot11 wlan".

Sorry looks like that command did not take.
[cid:d14354c2-6318-417a-89e3-89071354ee54]

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

For the LED mistery, look enough power is been received by the AP.

Regarding SSID not been seen, if it is in Flex mode, check the VLANs you are mapping the SSIDs do exist on the switch side or not.

On the AP console use "show controller dot [0 | 1] wlan" to check if the BSSIDs are there.

To see if enough power is being received by the AP, what command would I use on the switch? As for the Vlan mapping, it is on WLC. Here is a screenshot to confirm. As for the output of the AP command. I will also attach that screenshot as well. Let me know if you guys do not have any.

@MasterChief wrote:
what command would I use on the switch?

sh power inline

Ok perfect. Here is the out of the command.

@JPavonM is correct. 

There is not enough PoE to power up the radios, hence, the blinking LED.

How do I fix that?

Also, thank you very much for the help! This is probably the problem that will fix my AP not broadcasting.

I found some documentation and saw that the switch I have supports only up to 15.4 watts and the AP requires 30v watts. So looks like I will be needing to upgrade my switch to get the wireless to work.

Upgrade the switch or get a power injector that can support 30.0wac.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card