cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco catalyst 9130

kumail.haider
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone please tell me how many clients can be associated / supported in cisco catalyst 9130 access point 

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Real world example around 25-30

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

and maximum?

30maximum for better results, this again based on the environment other factors.

BB

Thanks for the quick reply 
Can I know the maximum number of clients that can be associated with this model & what if we have a hall where 300 users seating capacity, in that case, is it a good approach to add 10 to 15 ap to support this many users?  I am afraid I will land into a situation where channel overlap and Signals will collide and become garbled

i am sure 300 users you can accommodate in a table, so that will be expected to easily spread 2000SFT or more around, so this required proper site Survey if you like to have better results. the site survey will give you where to place the AP without any overlap.

a site survey is the main key point most of the Wireless deployment.

If you have DNA Spaces, it will give you nice analytics information too..

BB

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I agree with @balaji.bandi . 9130 also has tri radio capability (1Qty 2.4 radio, 2Qty 5GHz radio), site survey is must and if you are planning to use 9130 you may plan for radio role assignment as well taking FRA limitations in to consideration. In HD deployments overlaps will be tough to avoid, so consider using external antenna's to limit the coverage overlaps and to provide focused coverage to a certain area (most of the AP's with internal omni antenna gain is more towards sideways).

At configuration side make sure that you make use of RF profiles, use the lowest possible channel-width, make use of RX-SOP (risky but if configured properly will work perfect, specially in halls where physical interference is minimal), disable lower data rates etc.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@kumail.haider wrote:

Can anyone please tell me how many clients can be associated / supported in cisco catalyst 9130 access point 

NOTE:  I am not trying to be rude or obnoxious here.  
Whenever anyone (in this forum or other forum) ask this question, I only have one answer:  Get a wireless site survey done properly. 

People ask this question because they have no idea about wireless and the capabilities of the APs.  Asking this sort of question in this forum, without the understanding about the network and the physical characteristics of the site, is fraught with danger.  A properly planned wireless site survey is the only way to determine this answer.  

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card