Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco DNAC (Wireless heat maps) 5 GHz

Jay233
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Need help with explaining the below image please, maps are scaled and uploaded into DNAC, WLC's are added via Spaces, DNAC integration is configured via Spaces, all looks good, apart from the heat map!!!...

Using detect and locate from Spaces or direct via DNAC the 5Ghz heat map looks really poor @ -67dBm (coverage holes) but as you can see from the the pic below a client in the white space has an RSSI level of -48dBm and an SNR of 50 dB. I'm pretty confident that the location of the client is correct. RRM is used using the typical RF profile from DNAC. No additional attenuation has been added to the map.

5Ghz Client rates connection rates are set @ 12 meg minimum, UNII-1 and UNII-2 channel bands, RX-SOP=AUTO and TX power threshold = -70dBm 

My question is how do I show RF cover regarding the white areas of the map without installing additional AP's or increasing the RSSI cutoff ???? 

Site was surveyed for location services static AP power level 3/4 for both 2.4/5GHz. 

Jay233_2-1678115750394.png

RX Neighbours of the same floor.

Jay233_1-1678115685220.png

2 Replies 2

AdamF1
Level 1
Level 1

Personally I think the rf maps are garbage in dnac compared to prime. Have you double checked the measurement and sqft? 

there have been bugs in certain dnac versions where it shows issues with radios and won’t display coverage correctly. 

jakub12
Level 1
Level 1

As a wireless engineer I can assure you that AdamF1's comment is on point. Garbage with capital G.

Neither DNAC or Prime is even close to what you get from a wireless survey.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card