Helpful
Replies

CISCO ITP

Georg Ndalut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

An interesting scenario here. Basically here is what happened:

We have 4 cisco ITPs connected to several nodes via SIGTAN and TDM in our network. The ITP has logically been divided into 3  SGs (instance 0,1 and 2).

In this particular case we added a fourth instance (instance 4) for a test node, and we all know that by default, the Network Appearance is the same as the instance number. in this case any AS configured instance 4 had a NA of 4. thing is, this instance (4) has to comminicate with a HLR operating in instance 1. thus did not work. so I changed the NA on the AS in instance 4 to 1 and walaa! it worked! , in so doing i messed up whatever was in instance 1 NA 1. Funny enough a wireshark trace showed me it was now expecting INSTANCE 4 NA 1, and not INSTANCE 1 NA 1.

I get that the NA should be unique so that whatever is configured under a particular instance knows to what SS7 network it belongs to. What I dont understand is this: Each instance is a seperate SG and should NOT interfere with another one. So why did SG (instance 4) interfere with instance 1?

If anyone can help to shed some light onto this, i would be grateful.

Br

Georg

1 Reply 1

Justin Kurynny
Level 4
Level 4

Georg,

I think you meant to post this in a different forum.

Justin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card