Helpful
Replies

Cisco LAP 1522C LAN down

ahmedbishry
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

hope that you are doing well,

I have a 30 device of LAP 1522C connected to 2960 catalyst with 1Giga speed for all ports that switch connect to the WLC through core Switch ,

Each time I restart the LAP 1522 the LAN malfunctioning (down and up)

5 of them comes and goes

one of them estable

and all the others LAN are malfunctioning,

Please advice,

thanks in advanced,

Ahmed,

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What do you mean LAN is malfunctioning. If you reboot a RAP, the maps loose connection and will try to find another RAP. Maybe it's an issue with the switch or the code on the switch. Have you tried to replace the switch or upgrade the firmware.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear Ahmed,

Thanks. we are find and hope you are the same.

Please let us know how you know that the LAN is not working correctly? you see the switch port comes up and down? is that what you mean?

Have you tried to eliminate the cable problem? I've been in such situations and found that the issue is mainly with the cable. When installing a new cable things works fine. (Although the bad cable looks fine when do a connectivity test. I think with fluke test it will fail because there is possibly high noise or something similar on the cable).

btw, your APs are MAPs or RAPs?

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card