Replies

Cisco Mobility Express 8.10 and Cisco 2802i AP

Baz1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I am wondering if someone can help me. 

I have a Cisco 2802i which was running Cisco ME 8.3 and all was working fine, 

I have now upgraded it to 8.10 to see what features has been added ( had to do incremental from 8.2 to 8.5 and then 8.10). 

I have downloaded the latest 8.10 ME image and the AP has downloaded and upgraded fine. 2802i

I can access the ME controller all is good so far.

But I can't see my AP in the AP section. 

Whatever I do , the AP is not showing up. 

I have chcked:

Time is setup

Country is setup

DHCP for management is setup. 

SSID is setup. 

I have even reset the whole thing and started again. But the master AP/controller don't show any APs. 

If I console to the AP, I can see that the radios are admin down. But without the AP being discovered, I am not sure how I can enable the radios.

Has anyone else had this isse? 

I don't want to roll back to 8.5 .

Thanks

EDIT >> The light on the AP is flashing between green and Red, which means radio is down. 

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Did you test and verify everything was working when you upgraded to each code?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott

Hi Scott. 

yes I had a quick look and at 8.5 it was working fine. 

This is for my test lab, so not the end of the world if I can't get it to work. so might have to roll it back to 8.5 and work on it there, 

I would roll it back... then upgrade to 8.8 and test then 8.10 and test.
-Scott

Baz1977
Level 1
Level 1

Well I have just rolled back to 8.5 and it is now doing the same thing. It is not working now! 

will roll it to back to 8.3 and see what happens.

It seems that this is truly broken now! 

I have reverted all the way back to the 8.3 that it had on it and working, and it is still not working! 

I can't even get to the ME controller on the management IP address! 

I can ping it but no response to http/https! 

Grrrrr

I was never a fan of Mobility Express to be honest. I always ran into issues getting it to work and the was frustrating. It would seem to me that you are best of taking one ap and factory default it using the mode button and starting from scratch. Just make sure the aps if connected to a trunk port, that the native vlan is the management vlan. This is usually the issue when access to http(s) is not working properly. NTP is required when other AP’s need to join.
So if you want to go to 8.10, then manually upgrade an ap to that code and make sure it is also factory reset. There are guides on how to upgrade the ap from the network.
-Scott

AP is currently connected to the laptop directly. I connected to it this way before and it worked fine. 

I have done a factory reset by pressing the mode button for 20second and then starting from scratch!

is there a command to manually enable a radio on the AP ? I don't seem to be able to find it.

I am at a bit of a loss now! can't understand why it worked before and now not working! 

What I can say is that I have always had to have it connected to the network in order for the provision to happen. This is the same for the newer EWC which replaces ME.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card