Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco NCS gives error on Installation

Hi,

I just got two Prime NCS Servers for my system and they came with 1.2. My management wanted to run the lastest IOS which is 1.3. So as soon as I set the physical equipment up, I downloaded the latest 1.3 IOS for the site and burned it on a DL DVD and reimaged the appliance. However, after it finished this is the error that I getting:

Please type 'setup' to configure the appliance

localhost.localdomain login: setup

Last login: Wed Apr  3 10:48:05 on ttyS0

#####################################################################

# ERROR:  INPUT/OUTPUT ERRORS FOUND DURING THE INSTALLATION!        #

# PLEASE REIMAGE THE APPLIANCE OR VM FROM THE INSTALLATION MEDIA.   #

#####################################################################

Press <Enter> to exit

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Usama

1 Reply 1

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Usman,

It seems either something went wrong during your installatino or the image is somehow corrupted.

Make sure that the md5 checksum for your image is correct by matching it to the md5 hash provided by cisco (on the product download page you can find that). If it is OK you can try re-imaging again.

If not, you need to download the image again and make sure it was downloaded correctly without problems.

It is normal for me to have problems with such large files when getting downloaded so it is a wise idea to use some kind of download manager to handle the download. Depending on the browser to download the large files usually causes errors especially if you have -relatively- slow internet speed.

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card