cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco PI 1.3 config multiple interfaces

Trent Hurt
Level 1
Level 1

If I have a PI 1.2 system that has multiple interfaces configured I can upgrade to PI 1.3 and both interfaces remain and I can see both under the admin webpage under appliance interfaces.  But if I do a fresh install of PI 1.3 I can only configure one interface.  The commands fail from the cli to configure anything but gigabitethernet 0.  Are multiple interfaces not supported in PI?

2 Replies 2

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can only use Gigbitethernet0 interface. and you need to only connect port 1 on the appliance.

'''snip'''

Ethernet connectors:

Use Ethernet 1 to connect the Cisco Prime Infrastructure appliance to a network.

'''snip'''

Reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.2/install/guide/cpi_higmain.html

HTH

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

I'm using a vm so no physical cables to plug in.  Here is what I'm talking about...  this is screenshot from a NCS that was upgraded from 1.1.1 to 1.2 then to 1.3.  I could actually configure multiple interfaces and assign types to the different interfaces.  Now with a fresh install of PI 1.3 I can do the commands from the cli for other interfaces besides eth0 but it fails to actually execute the commands.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card