cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime as SFTP server

varma10
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to copy file from local machine disk to Cisco prime disk. I have sftp client on my machine. How can I enable SFTP server on Cisco prime to transfer the file from client to server. 

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i do not believe PI has build in SFTP server, rather you can use SSH/SCP.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I found this on cisco portal where you can create an sftp user, but I could not get it working. I am getting an error that says permission denied. I tried to gain root access by issuing "sudo su" and then it doesn't find the directory when I try to issue "./sftpconfig.sh"

that was way back for 1.4X, now recent prime i do not belive you have that option.

BB

Jurgens L
Level 3
Level 3

What version of Prime are you using?

3.2 is what we running, but 3.4 or 3.5 out soon going to be stable.

i do not believe or seen that option for myself.

BB

We are using 3.4 version of Prime. I found that there is an option through TAC but do not have necessary commands to enable SFTP on cisco prime. 

In Prime 3.7 -  Administration/Dashboards/Job Dashboard/Controller Configuration Backup/ there is a setting to choose SFTP server and it also allows you to choose Default Server.  The Upload to Directory field cannot be blank, yet it fails no matter what I try for the absolute directory path to get it into disk:/sftp.  We have security requirements that disallow the use of TFTP and FTP.  It makes no sense for a management tool to store config backups for SFTP differently than TFTP and FTP (IE, require an external repository).  I would love to see a resolution to this.  

I was able to get an answer for this.  Even though it is sftp, the upload directory must be /localdisk/tftp.

Protocol:                    SFTP
Server:                       Default Server
Upload to Directory:   /localdisk/tftp
SFTP port:                  22

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: