Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco prime Infrastructure alarms by e-mail

Mohamed Sayed
Level 1
Level 1

hi all,

my Cisco PI1.2 not send me a notification e-mail with specific alarm if occurred twice and the first time is not cleared or deleted.

i.e.

if a switch is down it send me a notification e-mail, and this switch comes up again but i did not remove the first alarm, the PI not send me a notification.

please advice

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Moin Ilyas
Level 4
Level 4
Alarm Status
Description

New

When an event triggers a new alarm or an event is associated with an existing alarm.

Acknowledged

When you acknowledge an alarm, the status changes from New to Acknowledged.

Cleared

An alarm can be in these statuses:

• Auto-clear from the device—The fault is resolved on the device and an event is triggered for the same. For example, a device-reachable event clears the device-unreachable event. This in-turn, clears the device-unreachable alarm.
  • Manual-clear from Prime Infrastructure users: You can manually clear an active alarm without resolving the fault in the network. A clearing event is triggered and this event clears the alarm.
  • If the fault continues to exist in the network, a new event and alarm are created subsequently based on the event notification (traps/syslogs).

This might be the reason, I believe.

Please refer the following link for better understanding.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1-2/user/guide/prime_infra_ug/alarms.html

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card