Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Infrastructure Manager 1.3 and HP Switches

JuergenDietl_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am on setting up the Cisco Prime Infrastructure Manager 1.3. I have 2 issues with 3rd party switches.

Cisco says that they full support LLDP for any device but I get this error with HP-Procurve when I do a discover:

feature_lldp_neighborsSNMP request timed out

LLDP is on of course.

Also Cisco says that they support all RFC1213 MIBs. So I put in some of the MIBs but I didnt get any results.

Any ideas? Any one succeded in this 2 things?

Your help would be much appreciated.

thanx a lot and have anice weekend.

cheers,

Juergen

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I really don't think their wireless devices support LLDP as it doesn't state that in the data sheet.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello,

I didnt talk about wireless.

As I was told Cisco Prime Infrastructure Manager 1.3 is the summary of Cisco LMS 4.2 and the LMS WIreless.

So it should support both. But yes you are true when I look into the product it seems that it is 70 % wireless tool and they forgot to put in most from LMS.

So my question again for wired switches.

thanx a lot,

cheers,

Juergen

There are some Cisco switches that are not fully yet supported. So that should give you info that not all devices are yet supported. You might have to ask your Cisco SE regarding LLDP as it is mentioned here in the supported device list.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/1.3/supported/devices/cpi13_supported_devices.xlsx

-Scott

Hello Scott,

thanx for your answer but the question was only for 3rd Party product like HP.

Statement from Cisco:

• Ability to discover and monitor third-party (non-Cisco) switches that support RFC

1213 and wireless controllers/access points from Aruba Networks.

But except the reachability I dont see anything.

cheers,

Juergen

I think they are trying to support more of the wireless for now.  The ability to discover... well I guess the ability isn't there yet.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Hello,

maybe its my English sorry.

I speak of

* 3rd Party  (like HP)

* NON WIRELESS switches

So this question is not answered. But I asked now Cisco for a statement.

As a Cisco Smartnet Owner I have some support. When I know some news I will post here.

regards,

Juergen

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I understand it is switches... Why its not supported right now, well LMS isn't really 100% migrated to PI. What I'm saying is that PI has more support for wireless than non wireless devices at the moment. If you have concerns about this, you need to ask your Cisco SE. They can provide you with more info.

-Scott

s.hellman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juergen.

Did you get any more info about this?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card