Helpful
Replies

Cisco prime infrastructure

moh_efrangi
Level 1
Level 1

hello ;

i have a multiple  questions on prime infrastructure 3.0 

first of all can the prime configured to make the discovery of the device automatically , meaning if i add three new device in the network can he know these device by default or configured to know any future new device in the network and how if this is possible ??

other question how i can upgraded from 2.2 to 3.0 did i need a new licences ??

the last one any one knowing a helpful guide help me to configure the prime infrastructure even if there is a video for that ???

thanks    

2 Replies 2

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1.Prime Infrastructure helps you create a Plug and Play Profile that allows any newly connected device to “call home” to the Prime Infrastructure server so that the device can be discovered, added to the inventory, and configured. This profile, also known as a Bootstrap Profile, places credentials on the device, eliminating the need to “console” into every device to setup before the device can be managed by Prime Infrastructure.

You can create Plug and Play profiles that contain:

• Software images only.
  • Configurations only.
  • Both software images and configurations.
  • PKI certificates (For APIC-EM only.)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/user/guide/pi_ug/plugandplay.html

2. No Need of new license to upgrade.

3. The following steps explain how to upgrade from Prime Infrastructure 2.2.x to Prime Infrastructure 3.0.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/quickstart/guide/cpi_qsg.html#pgfId-120990

Dear Mohanak ;

thanks a lot for your answer  it's really  helpful  also i have some question about Prime 

1) can i take a backup configuration from the devices i have by using the prime and how if the answer is yes ??

2) also can i upgrade the devices that i have by using the prime  and how if yes ??

3) for the report part is there any report to check the health of the device ??

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card