Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime Maps show N/A instead of WLAN AP names

Gehrig_W
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco WLAN-experts,

we are running a Cisco Prime 3.8 with actual patches and have a nasty problem with Prime maps.

Apparently, since we are using 3800-APs and use FRA to deactivate 2.4GHzAntennas and use 5GHz-antennas instead.

But I'm not sure.

So to clearly say, the Cisco WLAN AP names are replaced by "N/A" in 5-GHz-maps.

This "N/A" would be correct for a 2.4GHz-map with APs using FRA and inactive 2.4-antenna.

But on a 5-GHz-Map ?!?

It is also not possible to add a new WLAN AP to those maps.

The new AP is not visible during Positioning, eventhough a blue flag is showing up on top of the map.

Please see attached picture to show the complete mess.

Who knows how we can get out of this sh.. ?

Any good tipp is welcome for 10 points.

Kind regards

Wini

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Make sure that you look at the compatibility matrix and make sure the version or Prime is compatible with the version you are using on your controller.  I have seen that in the past, but honestly can't remember how I fixed it.  Maybe spin up a new Prime VM with the latest  version available and see if you still see the issue.  You might have to open a TAC case for this if a new Prime 3.10.x shows the same results.  

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

eglinsky2012
Level 4
Level 4

Did you clear your browser's cache or try a different browser by chance?

We had a similar issue on our 3.10.1 Prime with "N/A" being shown, not just for names but other metrics also. The 3.10.2 update fixed it. And I always clear my cache after upgrading or patching Prime to avoid weird GUI issues.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card