cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO wl solution

garyD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, Is there a Cisco solution for WL available for the places like historical buildings where installing APs on the wall or ceiling is just impossible!!! Building has lot of concrete, marble, solid walls structures and it is old. Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have recently worked on a similar project. At the end we agreed with the customer to have

1. APs mounted in a tripod or a stand.
  2. Use the information KIOSKs to mount the AP inside and leave the antenna outside, so we can color the antenna. We used multiple antennas in our engagement.
  3. We also used customized NEMA boxes provided by the customer to host the APs and antennas. 

Most challenging part was the passive work required to facilitate this; however, we had an expert team join us for this. If you are planning, make sure that you have the correct teams and all required drawings with you always so you can validate the feasibility of hosting the AP in certain place. 

Also make sure that you take lot of pictures and highlight how you are planning to mount the APs in a certain place. This will reduce the questions from the audience when you present your solution. 

Use correct antennas to provide targeted coverage to required areas rather than depending in omni-APs. I am pretty sure there are others who has done deployment in similar or more demanding customer locations who can share more valuable outputs with you here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Arshad Safrulla
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I have recently worked on a similar project. At the end we agreed with the customer to have

1. APs mounted in a tripod or a stand.
  2. Use the information KIOSKs to mount the AP inside and leave the antenna outside, so we can color the antenna. We used multiple antennas in our engagement.
  3. We also used customized NEMA boxes provided by the customer to host the APs and antennas. 

Most challenging part was the passive work required to facilitate this; however, we had an expert team join us for this. If you are planning, make sure that you have the correct teams and all required drawings with you always so you can validate the feasibility of hosting the AP in certain place. 

Also make sure that you take lot of pictures and highlight how you are planning to mount the APs in a certain place. This will reduce the questions from the audience when you present your solution. 

Use correct antennas to provide targeted coverage to required areas rather than depending in omni-APs. I am pretty sure there are others who has done deployment in similar or more demanding customer locations who can share more valuable outputs with you here.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card