Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLC 2504 Interfaces troubleshooting

lukedp
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Looking for some clarification, I am somewhat confused by the Cisco WLC 2504 device. this device appears to function confusingly different from other cisco WLC.

1. The 2504 does not support LAG?
  2. A dynamic AP-Manager interface is required for assossiating ap to the controller, must be on same subnet but use a different IP?
  3. Is it possible to create mutliple WLAN interface with the device limit and trunk them over the same port?

At current i am unable to create a dynamic ap managment interface as an error appears about a confilct, i have management interface on a untagged 10.10.10.3/24 ip address on port 1 and i am trying to create a ap-manager interface on 10.10.10.4/24 ip address on port 1.

I have also created a few wlan interfaces for corrisponding ssids on port 2 (guest 10.10.11.3/24, staff 10.10.12.3/24)

• am i able to use port 2 as a seperate interface or do place these all on port 1.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Okay... Leave the ap manager on the managing interface. There is no need to break that up like with the older WLCs. With v7.4 of the code, the 2504 does support LAG. If you don't want to use v7.4, then you can define the ports as you want. You can have port 1 be the management and ap manager, port 2 assigned for one of your wlans, etc. you can also make port 1 primary for management and ap manager, port 2 backup for the two just mentioned. Port 3 primary for your dynamic interface and wlans and port 4 the backup for those. You have many choices but don't break the ap manager out... Leave it with the management.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Okay... Leave the ap manager on the managing interface. There is no need to break that up like with the older WLCs. With v7.4 of the code, the 2504 does support LAG. If you don't want to use v7.4, then you can define the ports as you want. You can have port 1 be the management and ap manager, port 2 assigned for one of your wlans, etc. you can also make port 1 primary for management and ap manager, port 2 backup for the two just mentioned. Port 3 primary for your dynamic interface and wlans and port 4 the backup for those. You have many choices but don't break the ap manager out... Leave it with the management.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thankyou Kindly Scott,

this was very helpful

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card