Helpful
Replies

cisco wlc ios 7.4 assign static ip address to a mac address with DHCP

ivan.martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello my name is Ivan

I have a question:

How can I assign a static ip address permanently to a mac address with service DHCP in the WLC active?

I configured the mac filter with ip address, and the service dhcp is active to the users, but the users  is renewing their ip address every time.

Thanks for your answers

Regards

4 Replies 4

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ivan,

The WLC is not a fully formed/featured DHCP server and, at this time at least, does not support doing reservations.

You would need to do this from another server that has support for this function.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Stephen

Thanks for your answer.

I have another question,

Is possible to configure this assignment in my Cisco ACS?.

All the users that use mac filter with ip address permanently, is authenticating with 802.1x eap peap mschap v2.

I think it was possible with ACS 4.x, but not in 5.x or ISE.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What you really need to do is create a dhcp mac reservation on your dhcp server.  This way devices that have a mac reservation will always get that ip address and devices that don't have a mac reservation will get any dhcp address that the dhcp server provides them.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card