cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco140AC - CiscoBusiness-Setup SSID not showing

J1mb08agg1n5
Level 1
Level 1

Just purchased a couple of Cisco140AC access points to test as they seemed like a simple and no nonsense solution but I am struggling to get it set up. Setup sounded simple enough but the CiscoBusiness-Setup SSID just does not display. The access point LED is constantly changing from green, red and amber which I left for 30 minutes as documentation said that it may take  up to 6 minutes before it blinks or goes solid green. I have the access point plugged into my laptop via the console so I can see what it is doing during startup and it states that the SSID is enabled. I am using a TP-Link 802.3af POE injector that was operating a Ruckus R310 fine. I have factory reset it twice to no avail. I do however get a "Version Check Failed. Reason: DNS resolution failed" which I initially thought might a DNS problem so I set up DHCP to provide Google DNS IPs instead of ISPs - still no luck. I have attached an image to show this

Running out of ideas to troubleshoot. This has happened with both so both can't be faulty, surely? Just seems a bit odd.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Replies 3

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Since it's new , have a factory defaults reset (anyway/it won't hurt). Check if that makes any difference. You never know the real history of the AP.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Hi Marce,

Thanks for the swift reply. That was the first thing I did. Did this with both APs.

J.

- Yep , I saw that too late sorry. Do you have the option of using the supplied POE-injector. In the worst case there could be an insufficient power problem (?)

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card