Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisoc Wireless Lan Controller Option

anujbtewari
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts,

I am looking a solution in which i can restrict each user with only one Wireless connection.So that user are not able to connection 2 to 3 devices with wireless network at a same time.

We are using a Cisco WLC 4404 model.

Thanks a lot in Advance.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I am looking a solution in which i can restrict each user with only one Wireless connection.So that user are not able to connection 2 to 3 devices with wireless network at a same time.

Question:  What do you use to authenticate users?  If you're using MS AD, then you can configure the authentication server for only one instance.  

WLC cannot distinguish username/password.

Dear Loe,

Thank you for your reply.

I know about that options MS AD and also we can restrict user session with cisco ISE but I was looking the way how to restrict with Internal and finally I found it. Please see below option in which we can restrict one user with only one session.

The Maximum Number of Concurrent Logins for a single user name by default is 0. You can enter any value between 0 and 8. This parameter can be set at SECURITY > AAA > User Login Policies and allows you to specify the maximum number of concurrent logins for a single client name, between one and eight, or 0 = unlimited. 

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the link which may help you -

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/4400-series-wireless-lan-controllers/113303-restrict-wlan-clients-00.html

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Anu you can set the following option in WLC to limit the MAX users allow per LAP.BUT if your saying you also want to restrict specific user also apart form the MAX cap on LAP then for that I think you have to use ACS.

1. From the WLC GUI, click WLANs.

The WLANs page appears. This page lists the WLANs that are configured on the WLC.

restrict-wlan-clients-01.gif

2. Click WLAN ID 1 in order to select the WLAN LAP1. The WLANs Edit page appears.

3. Click the Advanced tab.

restrict-wlan-clients-02.gif

4. Enter the maximum number of clients allowed in the Maximum Allowed Clients field. This example uses 25 for LAP1.

5. Repeat these steps for WLAN LAP2 and configure the maximum client allowed limit to 50.

restrict-wlan-clients-03.gif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: