Views
Helpful
Replies

Client disconects on PSK network

sroic
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we are running 9800 CL for some time now and have issues with PSK SSIDs. We have couple of them and the same issue appears on all of them despite slighly different configuration. The issue I see on DNAC for those clients is always like this:

Details

AUTH Server0.0.0.0
WLC Namewlc-a.eu-central-1.compute.internal 
SubReasonTypeDisassociation Due to Inactivity
Delete Reason DescriptionClient Authentication failed due to M5 retransmit max tries.
Frequency(GHz)5.0

And inside it:

<meta charset="utf-8" />

Authenticating
2:37:15.487 PM
AAA Unknown Error

Authenticating
Group Key Update Timeout

Authenticating
4 Way Key Exchange Failure - M3 M4 Key Exchange Timeout

First of all we are running only Flex connect APs and have a central controller + ISE in AWS. Our WLANs have central authentication and switching disabled so I don't understand where does this timeout comes from, all communication should be between AP and the client. The signal strength is not an issue, this happens for various users (windows+mac) and it's not like a roaming issue. I tried fiddling with security protocols, fast transition modes etc but nothing solved this completely. Did anyone had similar issues and can advise how to troubleshoot this, or at least what could be the cause of this. Cert based SSIDs work without issues, I don't understand why the PSK ones are causing so much trouble if the users don't have any issues using other PSK networks (not a client driver issue)

Thank you for any advice

1 Reply 1

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- I would advise to dig deeper with client debugging too  according to https://logadvisor.cisco.com/logadvisor/wireless/9800/9800ClientConnectivity , these debugs can be analyzed with Wireless Debug Analyzer
   Check if anything comes up related to the DNAC errors ; you may also find these commands useful :
              https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9800-series-wireless-controllers/217738-monitor-catalyst-9800-kpis-key-performa.html#anc5

M.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card