Views
Helpful
Replies

client disconnection issue

Noovi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I am having one WLC with code 8.3.150.0 and users are having issues in frequent disconnection.

i ran debug and found below. Anone knows if this is bug/error and workarround for this.

May 28 11:03:11.568*spamApTask1Client delete code: AP idle timeout, AP triggered client deauth
That can be due to possible reasons: Wired guest client has expired (no traffic)/ Default event for AP side triggered client delete. Normal scenarios would be idle timeout, AP radio issues, channel changes, etc.
May 28 11:03:11.579*spamApTask1Client expiration timer code set for 1 seconds. The reason: Dissasociation or deauthentication received from client, this is valid on 802.11w scenario. Also, generic termination clause, reason would be provided by pervious log message
May 28 11:03:11.623*apfReceiveTaskClient has been deauthenticated
May 28 11:03:11.641*apfReceiveTaskClient session has timed out

2 Replies 2

this is too generic.  Start investigating by the physical layer. Does clients have good signal? any chance they are at some coverage hole?

Then, try to identify if they actually drop from the network. You can see this by running show command and see how long is the client session. If client session is long, then they are not dropping.

Users usually complain about dropping the network but they dont have enough information. Sometimes one application is the problem and not the network.

can I know what is L3 security of WLAN ?

Scenario 6: Client Disassociation due to Idle Timeout

Debug ran

debug client <mac addr>

Logs to parse

Received Idle-Timeout from AP 00:26:cb:94:44:c0, slot 0 for STA 00:1e:8c:0f:a4:57

apfMsDeleteByMscb Scheduling mobile for deletion with deleteReason 4, reasonCode 4

Scheduling deletion of Mobile Station:  (callerId: 30) in 1 seconds

apfMsExpireCallback (apf_ms.c:608) Expiring Mobile!

Sent Deauthenticate to mobile on BSSID 00:26:cb:94:44:c0 slot 0(caller apf_ms.c:5094)

Conditions

Occurs after no traffic received from Client

Default Duration is 300 seconds

Workaround

Increase Idle Timeout either globally from WLC GUI>>Controller>>General or per WLAN from WLC GUI>>WLAN>>ID>>Advanced.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card