cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client looking to segment traffic via SSID using 2504

desmanicholson
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client with a WLC 2504 that wants to route "guest" users through a gateway appliance "radiusgateway.com" and all others through the network. It appears to me this would require the use of two fa ports on the WLC. One directly connected to the radiusgateway (which is connected to a switchport) and the other fa interface connected directly to a switchport bypassing the proxy server.

My issue is, "how do you segment the ssid traffic via the WLC". The interfaces cia the gui aren't that intelligent, there's an enable and logging drop down. Via the command line, I didn't see any methods of routing traffic.

Please assist, Thanks in advance.

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX...
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The controller doesn't 'route' traffic, it will just send it out the VLAN/Port the interface is configured for.

So if you tell interface 'guest' to be linked to port 4, any WLAN that uses guest will be sent out port 4.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The controller doesn't 'route' traffic, it will just send it out the VLAN/Port the interface is configured for.

So if you tell interface 'guest' to be linked to port 4, any WLAN that uses guest will be sent out port 4.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card