Views
Helpful
Replies

Client not getting full speed

Lap Yan Sun
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm new to Cisco Wifi infrastructure and don't have much experience.

Recently we have deployed 1 x 2504 WLC with 14 x 3600 APs, all the access points are configured as Flexconnect mode.

Generally, the Wifi is running well, but we had a few clients machine keeps on getting 14Mbps not 144 Mbps. As soon as they disconnect from the Wifi and reconnect, it works fine. They are running Win7 Enterprise x64 and using Win Wifi not IntelProSet.

Can you please point me to a right direction to fix the problem?

Thanks,

Yan

5 Replies 5

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You've posted on the Ask The Experts:  WLC.

I won't make any comments until Nic finishes the event. 

Saurav Lodh
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Saurav,

Does it mean I have to go to each access point and configure the radio setting, the link you sent me is for AP, not WLC...

Can you please advise?

Thanks,

Yan

Hi Yan,

Some security settings can only run at lower speeds. However... seeing that you already getting speeds of 144 - is this not a setting with you your addaptor properties that's set to power management / ad hoc power management.

Not all drivers have this - Like on my Intel I have but not on my d-link.

Device manager -> network adapters -> properties -> advanced ->

ad hoc power management

P.S the users are spread between your access points - not all going to one or two?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Have them update their drivers and see if that helps or not. Other than that, you need to provide more info, like what have you don't to troubleshoot, how many devices are swing this issue, what wireless nic and driver version, encryption being used, etc.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card