cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients dropping off

cneville
Level 1
Level 1

I have a network with 3 350 AP's with the latest software using channels 1,6,11 inside a plant. I have a strong signal at all client locations.

Stations are randomly dropping their connection to their application. They are running mostly thin clients with Dlink and Linksys USB cards.

At times when I try to ping a station that shows it is associated, I will lose 2 or 3 packets before I see one. After that it works for a while and then it happens again. Power saver mode is turned off on the thin client and the card under the card configuration.

I am using both W2000 and XP Client edition.

Anyone having similar problems or have a suggestion. I have tried about everything I can think of.

2 Replies 2

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

How are you testing the signal?

Are these users walking around or stationary? Are you having this issue on all three AP's when the clients are associated to them? Are you picking up any other networks from your card? I had a problem before and one was due to a cabling issue and the other was picking up another networks AP.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

These users are all stationary. All AP's are having the problem. There are no other AP's showing up using my sniffer. It appears that either the Dlink and Linksys cards of the thin clients are going to sleep. When a station is associated and shows up in the association table and I ping, it takes 2 or 3 packets to get the first reply.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card