Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients (ipads) keeps disconnecting from WIFI

Hello, 

Our environment uses AIR-AP1832I-Z-K9 APs, one of the APs is running mobility express image as a wireless controller.  Image version 8.8.111.0

We have received reports from end users that WIFI keeps disconnecting on their iPads. It happens multiple times throughout the days. When it disconnects, you need to go to settings-wifi, and tap the SSID, and it will then connect again. WIFI profile is pushed via a MDM system. 

I have already set the default session timeout on the WLC to the maximum. From WLC client details page, I can see the following 

"Last disassociation reason 802.1x failure "

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated. 

6 Replies 6

lazyjk
Level 1
Level 1

I'm at a customer currently doing some surveying and I found out they are having this exact same issue as my Ekahau surveying iPad kept getting disconnected and I would have to tap the SSID again to get it to connect. Issue appeared to be limited to iPads (mine and others) - MS laptop and Android phone did not have the same issues. Both roamed and re-authenticated fine. 

Edit - Client has Zebra VC8x onboard their forklifts that may be experiencing the same issue but not as often as the iPads. Operators report having to reboot the Zebras a couple of times per shift to restore connectivity. Haven't performed client debugs for them yet.

Only difference is they have a 5520 WLC - assorted AP models all doing FlexConnect. Debugging my client shows that the client responses to the 4-way handshake timeout. 

Wireless_Debug_Analyzer.png

I am glad to hear that I am not alone. It does seem to be some sort of bug on the iOS devices. Windows or Android users never have complained about it. 

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@joezhou1026aus53709 wrote:

Image version 8.8.111.0

I am going to start with that.  

Upgrade the controller to something more recent and try again. 

I'll do the firmware update and see how it goes. 

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should also post your wlan configuration. It can be the image version like Leo mentioned or possible a setting in your wlan configuration. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Review/check the controller configuration with :

https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-config-analyzer/

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card