Views
Helpful
Replies

Clients unable to connect to 5Ghz

pantelis1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a 1852i in ME mode running code 8.10.151.0 . I have 350Mb line and Wireless client get 30Mb max. All 7 clients are connecting to 2.4Ghz 802.11n (20Mhz). Band Select is enabled

Even If I bring a client (iphone 11) next to the AP it still connects via 2.4Ghz (20MHz)

Can anyone suggest where to look next?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pantelis1
Level 1
Level 1

Deleting the existing SSID configurations and recreating the different wlan profiles, did the trick. Clients are able to connect to  5Ghz

View solution in original post

15 Replies 15

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its all how the clients connects, for testing Try to disable 2.4 and test it.

Do you have any other device other than Iphone ? PC or Laptop to test ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

I have allowed ony 5Ghz on the SSID and none of the clients can connect.I have an iphone, macbook pro to test from and when connecting to a different SSID (not on 1852i) they are able to get 5Ghz

So is this issue only on - 1852i ? how are you managing this AP with WLC ? what you see any logs in the debug ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

No I am using Mobility Express (when deauth the client- I get the logs attached)

Just replaced the 1852i with MR33 just for testing and all clients are able to get 5Ghz and speed are much much better. Seems to be a configuration issue with 1852i

Well then maybe it’s something in your configuration. Have you tried an open ssid with 5ghz only to test? Make sure you are not enabling all the features also, just keep it simple and uncheck or disable the features and see if the devices see the ssid and connects.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott

when creating an open SSID with just 5Ghz radio policy, the SSID is not even broadcasted. None of the clients are able to see or manually connect to it  

I want to make sure you have tested with an open ssid with no features enabled. Features can break things if you don’t know what that feature is or if the client may not support that feature. If you tested and the 5ghz isn’t working, then the radio is bad and nothing you can do about that.
-Scott

It is literally just open network with just 5Ghz. I Thought it might be related to country settings but they are correct. 

If your country code is correct and matches the country code identified on the ap itself, then there is nothing else you can do. Post your show wlan so we can verify you don’t have any features enabled.
-Scott

attached 

Okay, so your wlan is configured for FlexConnect local switching which means that you need a FlexConnect Group with the wlan to vlan mapping. You should test this with FlexConnect disabled and see if the SSID is being broadcasted. Since you have it in FlexConnect, if you don’t define the FlexConnect group, the AP will not broadcast the ssid.
-Scott

Thanks Scott, If i disable the flexconnect, 5GHz is broadcasted. However, I need to be able to do wlan vlan tagging  (each wlan gets the IP via DHCP which is configured on my ASA)

Example below of my Mobility express config

FlexConnect Vlan mode :.......................... Enabled

--More-- or (q)uit
Native ID :..................................... 1
WLAN 1 :........................................ 1 (Wlan-Specific)
WLAN 3 :........................................ 30 (Group-Specific)
FlexConnect VLAN ACL Mappings
FlexConnect Group................................ default-flexgroup

show flexconnect group detail default-flexgroup

Number of AP's in Group: 1

AP Ethernet MAC Name Status Mode Type Conflict with PnP
-------------------- -------------------- --------------- -------------- ---------- ------------------

80:e8::xxxxx ap Joined Flexconnect Manual No

pantelis1
Level 1
Level 1

Deleting the existing SSID configurations and recreating the different wlan profiles, did the trick. Clients are able to connect to  5Ghz

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card