cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Code Downgrade from 7.4 to 7.0

bret
Level 3
Level 3

Working on a project consolidating all controllers to a single 8500 controller with a standby. Moved an AP over to test the process and everything worked fine. Took a little longer than I thought it would, but given the design with new flexconnect abilities, the creation of AP groups well you know.

I get the AP over and one of my ssids doesnt work because the key is different, so gotta move the AP back over to resolve production issues.

Are there any none issues when downgrading from 7.4 to 7.0?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies 6

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In my experince is when you configure any of the new features in the advance code (7.4 for exmaple) and then you downgrade you lose those configs. On a normal controller I havent had any issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Geroge thanks for the quick reply. Guess I sould have been more clear - totally my bad. I just need to downgrade the AP - have you seen issues with that?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Just to add.... what are you downgrading.... the 8500 supports 7.3.101.0 or newer.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Roger that Scott... I just need to move an ap from the 8500 back to its origanal controller which is running 7.0.116.

Well like George mentioned, you can, but the AP's will downgrade and any features that you were using on v7.4, that are not on v7.0, will not be implemented.  So be careful and look at the configs on both just to be on the safe side.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Make sure the AP supports v7.0.... take a look at the matrix below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card