cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Command to save config on 1142 LAP?

blarkins1
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to assign a static ip and default gateway to my LAP through the CLI, but after I reboot it, I lose the config and it reverts back to dhcp.

Is there any command to save the config to the AP through the CLI?  I've tried all I can think of (i.e. wr mem, copy run start, etc...) and have looked throught the available commands but cannot figure out a way to do it...

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

yup, either a wr, wr mem should do it.  Unless the confreg has been changed for some reason.

When you boot in, do a dir flash: and you should see the config.txt

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

On Autonomous AP's it works fine, but on all my LWAP's I get this error...

AP30e4.dbd9.4ea2#wr mem                    

Building configuration...

[OK]

NVRAM Verification Failed

AP30e4.dbd9.4ea2#

ahh.  yeah, you can't do that on the CUWN AP.  Once it joins the WLC you can set the IP address and save it from there.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can't configure anything on an LWAP/CAPWAP IOS of a WAP.  That's the not a bug.  It's a the intention to use a WLC to do configuration.

Use the process below to convert your WAP from CAPWAP/LWAP into autonomous.

Using a TFTP Server to Return to a Previous Release

There's actually quite a bit you can configure on a LAP via the CLI. It's especially helpful when you're trying to troubleshoot issues.  You just can't *save* anything via CLI through the traditional commands..

I'm sure there is a way to save some of that config so I didn't have to paste it back in after each reboot.  I know they are meant to be configured via the controller, but when they aren't joining, aren't getting an IP address, or for other issues, it'd be really nice to save the basic config manually on the CLI.

There's not anyway to save that config.  Even if you use the debug capwap con cli to get access to all of the commands.  You still can't save it.

Now if you just need it to hold an IP address you can use the capwap ap ip address command, and it should hold that through a reboot.

HTH,
Steve

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card