Views
Helpful
Replies

configurating a Air_Cap1602I

Enki Doe
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

i got 2 1602i's. Purchased them for a non-profit organisation. I am not able to conenct to one of them, when adding the ipaddres in the browser, i get an error as if the ipaddres doesnt belong to that accespoint although it is the right ipaddres. Anyone who can tell me how to solve this?

The second accespoint is accessable. Although i cannot edit a created SSID. Is that correct?
Also, i notice it is not possible to use wpa2 , only wpa exists. is that also correct? 

thanks for the help.

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

These AP's come in two types. One is autonomous in which they are stand alone access points and you can manually configure. The other type is lightweight in which you need to have a controller. If you have a console cable, what you can do is look at the output when the AP boots up. If you see the image as a k9w7 that is autonomous and is what you are looking for I believe. If you see k9w8, then that is lightweight and then you would need to convert them. 

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/77131/understanding-access-point-os-images

If the AP's have the wrong image, then ask the vendor whom you purchased them from for the latest autonomous image , unless you have access to download them. 

To convert, just search "Cisco lightweight to autonomous conversion" and you will find a lot of links in clouding videos.

The code is what also allows wpa2 and you can search "Cisco autonomous WPA2 AES configuration.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

Many thansk for the reply. Think i also purchased  a blue console cable. Is it possible to see if the AP is stand alone or not through the tags cause they both look the same.

Also, what do you mean with code for wpa2?

There is a specific code version in which wpa2 is supported. So that is why is stated that as it was in your initial question.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card