Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration Interface HYPER-V with Wirelss Interface in the WLC 9800-CL

fabiano.dantas
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I'm working on a new project in a large factory, the objective at this first moment is basically to copy the current configuration in 5508 and paste it in the new WLC 9800-CL, I'm having problems with wireless interface in the new controller, the current configuration is central switching o WLC 5508 has 5 wireless interfaces

But after two or three days I am unable to configure the wireless interface on the new WLC 9800, the status of the wireless interfaces is UP, howerver Can't reaches default gateway of each interface, the configure Int G2 is TRUNK allowed vlans 4,7,45...

I set the ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 10.127.109.1 (gateway int mgt dafault).

anybody can help me confirm the configure Interface G2 in WLC or show me exact configuring the Interface in HYPER-V

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Here is the link to the converter utility.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/wlc-config-converter-aireos-ios-xe/td-p/2895495
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
First off, you can’t copy the config from AireOS to the 9800. There is an online utility on Cisco’s site that can convert the config, but not 100%.
Also make sure you follow the 9800-CL guide step by step. If you do, you will be able to setup the basic config and get connectivity.
-Scott

Here is the link to the converter utility.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless/wlc-config-converter-aireos-ios-xe/td-p/2895495
-Scott

Hello Scott,

Thanks for your suggestion, I don't think I explained it correctly.

I'm trying to configure the wireless interfaces on the 9800, similar from the WLC 5508 interfaces.

The interfaces wireless can't reaches default gateway,would you have any suggestions.

Thanks.

When using the 9800-CL, there are different ways to setup the basic interfaces. You have three that are required to be assigned to the vswitch. The minimum that can be used is one and of course the most is three. So, how are you planning out your interfaces? Like I mentioned, there are guides and blogs out there for the 9800-CL that explain how to setup each interface. Also the fact that the vswitch needs specific settings which is also defined in the guides. Basically you need to gave a vswitch with all the vlans you require.
Now once you get connectivity, then you build the policy and tags like the guide explains step by step.
If you are still having issues, please post some screen shots and or config which makes it easy to understand what you are talking about.
-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card