cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configure AIR-SAP1602I-E-K9 to be manage by AIR-CT2504-K9

makoffi01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need help to configure AIR-CT2504-K9 to control access point AIR-SAP1602I-E-K9

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi, I'm still not clear on your question.

Once you have the approved code on the 2500 WLC, and DHCP configured for the AP's, that's all you need.  Once the AP finds the controller, there is nothing to configure.  It is all done via the controller, for both you WLAN and your APs.

By the way, I don't see any AP's with the AIR-SAP1902I-E-K9 part number.

Hope that helps,

Bob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Bob Bagheri
Level 1
Level 1

please define "help".

I recommend you upgrade to the latest code that supports the 1600 series AP's and stick with the Express setup.

Bob

Hi Bob, i would like to manage AIR-SAP1902I-E-K9 by AIR-CT2504-K9 but i don't know what i can configure them.

Hi, I'm still not clear on your question.

Once you have the approved code on the 2500 WLC, and DHCP configured for the AP's, that's all you need.  Once the AP finds the controller, there is nothing to configure.  It is all done via the controller, for both you WLAN and your APs.

By the way, I don't see any AP's with the AIR-SAP1902I-E-K9 part number.

Hope that helps,

Bob

Sorry AIR-SAP1602I-E-K9

I recommend you follow the 2500 Express setup with the latest 8.x code that supports the 1600 series APs.

If you don't connect / use an external DHCP, then setup DHCP on the controller and use the WCL's management interface as the DHCP server.

Good luck,

Bob

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card