cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

configuring AP350 with DCHP/D-LINK and conference rooms

darren.shaw
Level 1
Level 1

I have been asked to come up with a solution for this request.

The business would like to have hotspots available around the campus where visitors can log on to the wireless network, access either the internet or the network.

I am testing a user with a D-link card, doesnt work at all, cisco cards work fine, apart from the client getting a DHCP address

So if anyone as answers to these i would be really grateful.

Setting up DHCP (where do i tell the AP what server to look at? cant get this to work)

Letting "Guests" with different vendors cards access the WLAN

How to keep Security has high as possible.

Any answers please let me know, getting bogged down with this.

We have various WLAN around campus which work fine with static IP and cisco cards and high security settings, all connect to the network and the internet, its abit of a admins nightmare!!

Thanks very much

rgds

Darren

1 Reply 1

kmarrero
Level 4
Level 4

To get the D-link cards to work with the AP, you will need to check the "non-Aironet 802.11" box next to the "Ensure Compatibility With:" section on the Express Setup page. As for the DHCP problem, it seems like none of the clients are receiving DHCP. You need to check that your DHCP server is working properly. Try pinging the DHCP server from the AP or from a client that has a static IP and is connected via wireless to the network. If you have Message Integrity Check (MIC) enabled as one of your security features, then you may want to perform the following:

Reset the unit to factory defaults, and use only one Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP) key with MIC.

Upgrade the Access Point (AP) firmware to the latest version.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card