Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting External Antennas to Cisco 819 Router

alessandro.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i apologize if i'm posting in the wrong section.....

i have a Cisco 819 4G LTE Router (C819HG-4G-G-K9) and i'd like to connect it  to an outdoor external antenna using a 50ft. cable.

I checked the available options in router datasheet but i'm so confused about the way to interconnect cables,anntennas and lightning arrestor 'cause i did not find an option to match the right connector type from router WWAN interface to antenna.

Can someone give me some suggestions?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always extend the connectors but that will also give you loss. I don't think Cisco makes extension cable unless its an N type connector. If its a different connector, you would have to get a custom cable made.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can always extend the connectors but that will also give you loss. I don't think Cisco makes extension cable unless its an N type connector. If its a different connector, you would have to get a custom cable made.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott, thankyou for replying, i'll check for hand made low-loss cable and then i'll test the performance.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

mmangat
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Before you install the Cisco 819 ISR on a table,  wall, or DIN rail, install the antennas on the front panel. It is  difficult to install the antennas after the router is installed. Check the following cisco doc for more details.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/819/hardware/install/guide/install.html#wp1059884

Hi Mantej,
thanks for your suggestions, in my case i just have 4g antennas on router back side, i'll use wireless installing an external cisco 1262n ap

best regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card