cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Controller Rebooted /crashed -no history

satcomjimmy
Level 1
Level 1

I do not know where to look for the history on my controllers. One rebooted or crashed last night and I cannot find any history or log that go back far enough to see if there was any indication as to why it dropped off or what happened. I have 3 4404s and WCS, but cannot find any useful logs. The ones on the controller are already overwritten and I don't know if any of that is retained in a reboot anyway. I didn't find anything in WCS that was helpful. I did download the logs to my desktop but did not find anything in them so far. Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies 2

dbuttry
Level 1
Level 1

What version of code are you using? I had a similar issue running 5.2.157.0. One of my controllers would just reboot about every 1.5 hours or so and another once or twice a day. Found out that I was hitting bug CSCsx19599. Here are the instructions to enable uploading a core dump to an FTP server after a crash. This is what TAC had me do to find my issue. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/c52err.html#wp1067314

Good luck!

Doug

We're on 4.2.176 on the controllers but 5.1.64 on WCS.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card