Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Convert autonomus 1142N to lightweight

Hei,

Apparently converting autonomus 1142N to lightweight is not supported by ether WCS 7.0 or the Upgrade tool. The option is to do it manually with CLI, but there is about 200+ AP's that need converting. We can't do them all at the same time. We have to do it building per building.

What is the easiest way?

//Philip

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Yes that's correct, you'll have to convert them before they can join the WLC and the tool doesn't work for that model

Other than writing a CLI script I think that you'll just have to manually upgrade IOS, which isn't too onerous, just set up a TFTP server on the network, telnet to the APs and paste in the archive download-sw command

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Yes that's correct, you'll have to convert them before they can join the WLC and the tool doesn't work for that model

Other than writing a CLI script I think that you'll just have to manually upgrade IOS, which isn't too onerous, just set up a TFTP server on the network, telnet to the APs and paste in the archive download-sw command

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Apparently converting autonomus 1142N to lightweight is not supported by ether WCS 7.0 or the Upgrade tool.

Yes you can with WCS.

WCS > Configure > Autonomous AP Migration Templates.

Hi leolaohoo.

When I try to do that it just say that I have the wrong image, even tho it is right. The WCS 7.0 config guide doesn't have 1140-models in compability list of AP that can be converted. I think it has something to do with the fact that 1140-models come with a manufacture certificate and WCS and Upgrade tool is trying to generate a new cert.

The WCS 7.0 config guide doesn't have 1140-models in compability list of AP that can be converted.

The WCS doesn't "care" what model of WAP you have.  I'd be keen to know what firmware your controllers are running.

Next, if it says wrong image, what is the image file you're trying to push?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: