cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Couldn't SSH or HTTP to the controller by using 9800

Robin.Wang2020
Level 1
Level 1

after creating a new WLAN, I get the connection to that SSID, get the right IP address, and can go to the internet, and intranet, but couldn't SSH or HTTPS to the WLC. it is pretty weird, any one has any idea about this?

thanks in advance.  

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you need management access (SSH/HTTP) through wireless then use or configure : Configuration > Wireless: Wireless Global > Management Via Wireless: Enable

- Appendix and or always useful : Review the 9800   configuration with the CLI command : show  tech   wireless , have the output analyzed by  https://cway.cisco.com/tools/WirelessAnalyzer/  , please note do not use classical show tech-support (short version) , use the command denoted in green for Wireless Analyzer.               Checkout all advisories!

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Me thinks the WLAE is having issues.  I upload my 9800-40 show tech wireless output and it just burps back to the upload screen after RUN.  

I downloaded the desktop version and wcae ran without issue.

maybe an issue of the cloud talking back..

Robin.Wang2020
Level 1
Level 1

thank you guys. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card